Friday, February 18, 2011

Avon Big Colour Dual Ended Eye Pencils- Review & Swatches

Retweet this button on every post blogger

This is like the latest makeup item which is causing a buzz here. Why wouldn't it? After all, this item is awesome!!! I am not sure if these pencils have been released everywhere else but here it got released just last month and its quickly going out of stock due to huge demand.

How Avon recommends using these pencils?
Sweep the darker shade along your lashes for definition. To open up your eyes, blend the highlighter beneath your eyebrows.

As you can see from the picture, that's exactly how the model has used one of these pencils.

What I like about these pencils?
* Honestly, I think these pencils are excellent for those individuals who find it difficult to match colors or blend together. These dual ended pencils have 2 colors complimenting each other which will suit anyone and everyone.  
* One can use these colors to make both a subtle look as well as super dramatic looks.
* The pencils are highly pigmented. All of them have shimmering particles in them which reflect beautifully whereas 1 shade is very matte (Blue Azure). 
* These liners are so versatile that it could be used as bases, eyeshadows, highlighters and liners. 
 * It is a travel friendly product as it will save space due to its multipurpose use.
* These pencils are waterproof.
* It is very creamy to use & can be easily removed by eye makeup remover.

Here are the swatches:

What I don’t like about these pencils?
Nothing I have found yet which will make me dislike these pencils!!

Also I have compared my Avon Big Colour lip pencil which with this Dual ended eye pencil to show you the size difference.

Final Verdict: I think they are great pencils which will last a long long time.  Definitely worth a try!!

Which shades do you like the most?
Xoxo

15 comments:

Gaby Fauchon said...

They look very pigmented! Burnished Copper looks amazing!

rebeca.cd said...

Thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck! (^_^)

Unknown said...

I love the golder glamour. :)
I've got your donation, thank you for enter the giveaway! Good luck.

lipstick and blush addict said...

loved the bLue azure... :)

PeachesandBlush said...

Just discovered yours..following !:)
Burnished copper is stunnnning..thanks for the clear swatcges....im going to look out for these...

The Buttonboxx said...

I love avon make up! Im going to get myself one of these pencils(mayb them all) theyr such pretty colours and great clear pics.

Thanks for following me, Love ur blog
xx

anamika said...

loved the swatches :)

Ezzy said...

@Gaby Yes they are indeed very pigmented. Burnisjed Copper is indeed an amazing shade.

@Becky & London's Beauty Thank you ladies :)

@Zeeba I know when I saw Blue Azure I was like Wowww..I have never seen such a bold blue !!

@Mehak Thank you :) Do check them out, I'm sure you will love them.

@The Buttonboxx Thanks lovely *mwah* If you decide to get these, do let me know what you think about them :)

@anamika thank you :)

Nupur said...

insiya... d swatches r amazzinggggggggggggggggggggggg
we dont get thz pencils in India :(

Ezzy said...

Aww Nupur. Don't worry you will get it soon in India too. It's just launching everywhere yet I think. Anyhow let your rep know you are interested in this. She will immediately let you know once it launches there :)

Nupur said...

i hope thy do insi, i love d swatched u hav done, the colors look soo intense, gud color payoff.. :)

Meryem said...

The colors are very bright! i might get some of them!

The Beautifier said...

WOW! These look great! I love the swatches, the Blue Azure looks wicked!

Aarthi said...

lovely colours.. how much r these?

Ezzy said...

@nupur yes they are worth it for the color payoff:)

@Meryem you should definitely get them :)

@Sonali I know Blue Azure really made my jaws all wide open :O

@Aarthi thanks :) Each one costs Dhs.55 Not sure how much would that be in Indian rupees.