Thursday, February 10, 2011

Avon Anew Youth-Awakening Lipstick SPF 15 – Review & Swatches

Retweet this button on every post blogger

I haven’t really started using any aging makeup as of yet, so the idea was pretty weird to me at first. I mean we usually get to see & hear more about aging skin products but I wasn’t really aware of any brands in particular offering aging makeup products which might be the reason why this concept has still not registered in my mind. Anyway, since I’m an Avon rep I have to be upto date with each and every product that is available for sale. My clients range from all ages. But somehow all seemed to get attracted to different colors which this lipstick offers. Honestly, can’t blame them. The colors are indeed beautiful.

Quantity: 3.6gr
Price: 59Dhs ($16)

What Avon says about this lipstick?
Avon’s first lipstick that works deep within your lips to fight the 5 signs of lip aging:
1. Fine lines
2. Deep wrinkles
3. Reduced definition
4. Loss of rosy tone
5. Decrease in fullness

With continued use, your lips are remarkably transformed. Luxuriously smooth color, clinically proven performance...magnificently younger-looking lips.

There are a total of 8 colors available here. However, online I saw a variety of different colors too.
 Here are the swatches of the 5 colors which I have:
 (click on pictures to see an enlarged view)
I love Glazed Almond, Sunset Pink & Desert Rose. Chocolate Brown is way too dark for my skin tone and Sugary Pink is just way too sheer.


What I like about these lipsticks?
*They don’t settle in the fine lines of the lips.
*Contains SPF15.
*Gives a very smooth and creamy texture.
* They are long lasting.
* I feel these lipsticks give a slight illusion of plump and full lips.
* I personally like the golden casing.
*Rich colors.

What I don’t like about these lipsticks?
*The casing might get a little loose after a while.

Other than that I think these are just lovely. Everyone should have it. Personally, I think if the color suits you and you love everything about it, there is no harm in using this even if ideally it’s not your age to use aging makeup products. What do you think?

xoxo

Disclaimer: These are my honest opinions about the product. I have not been compensated or paid in any way to review this product. 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

glazed almond n sunset pink r pretty..

rakhshanda said...

Wowww love those shades!!!Love sunset pink <3

Sara said...

love those colors. they are all so pretty :)

I am a new follower. you have an amazing blog. ^ ^ do check out mine as well.

Tanvi said...

I like the shades of pink! :)

ash89 said...

Sunset pink is gorgeous!

Gaby Fauchon said...

Sugary Pink looks pretty!

Hungover on Fashion said...

The pinks are really nice!

Nada Makeup said...

heyy in case u dint read it on my blog i wrote:

@ezzy im not 100% sure what it is i tried to do a little research on it but i believe they are little seeds. as for the mix he got all the different oils and put it into one bottle and shook it all up to mix it. when he put the snake oil in i was like woooooaaaah that better work cuz it looks gross! (looked like blood!)

Whimsy said...

WOAH they all look so gorgeaous! so slick and pigmented, im placing an avon order tonight so one of these might make their way onto the list ;) xx

Ezzy said...

Thank you all for your lovely opinions :D

@persephone
I am so glad I helped you in your purchases :) Do let me know what you think about them!