Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stand Up To Cancer Using Facebook !!

Retweet this button on every post blogger
I am sure most of us know of relatives/friends or just plain acquaintances who have suffered from various types of cancers. Some have lost those precious people whereas some have seen them battle bravely with this illness and return victoriously back to their normal life.

Stand Up To Cancer is a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) founded in May 2008. I just came to know about it very recently. It is a cancer community where you can share all your stories and news, and express your support in all the different ways.
 You can also be a part of supporting this cause. Yes You!!

Yahoo! is donating $1 to Stand Up To Cancer for every person who ‘like’ their omg! Facebook page between September 10th through September 20th 12:00 am upto $100,000. All of the donations will go to collaborative cancer research.
If you haven’t liked the omg! Yahoo page on the social networking site Facebook. Please do so here:- http://www.facebook.com/omgfromyahoo

Even if you don’t have a facebook account I request you to please create one for this noble purpose. It doesn’t cost you a single penny to like a facebook page or create a new facebook account!!!

Want to donate to Stand Up To Cancer? Click the 'Donate Now' tab on their facebook page & use Facebook Credits!  You can donate with Facebook Credits using PayPal, credit card or mobile phone (if you received free credits, you can use those too!)
Spread the Word Please :)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome idea, I'd love to be a part of this! As far as the camera I use I use a terrible point and shoot that I got for Christmas when I was like twelve. I'm upgrading soon though hallelujah! I just don't know what the type of camera is because it's a birthday present. As far as trying to get good pictures with a bad camera, editing has really helped me! Gimp is a free editing program that you can download online, it's what I use. You should give it a try!

Sarah
http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com