Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Love ♥ : The Face Shop Color Base Sun Cream SPF42 PA++

Retweet this button on every post blogger

I got this around 3 months back when I went for an interview. Well the interview went crap but atleast I got to venture into the lovely products by the brand ‘The Face Shop’. It’s a Korean brand of cosmetics. I first fell in love with Korean brands when my dad got me the ‘Sulwhasoo’ cream, balancing emulsion and toner set (review coming soon!!).  While venturing I checked out Skin Food too, but I found it too expensive for a south asian brand. Anyhow, talking about The Face Shop, I think they are more famous for their BB creams (I still have no idea what they actually are so do enlighten me if you know).

 I wanted a base for my makeup, so while checking out their outlet I saw this on the shelf and got intrigued instantly. Honestly, during the past 3 months of intense humidity and torture by the sun, my skin has survived only & only due to this lovely 30ml tube of color base sun cream! I love the concept of it being both a makeup base as well as a sunscreen so that I don’t need to lather two different products twice and make the texture of my skin look heavy.

Shade: Natural
Price: Dhs49 (around $13)


Why I absolutely love this product?
  • Extremely lightweight - Despite it working as both a sun cream and makeup base, it’s not at all thick or oily. So I assume it will work for oily skin too. I have a combination skin with oily T-zone & dry skin.
  • Long lasting sun protection - It has double protection mechanism, first by Reflecting and diffusing UV rays, then by Absorbing UV rays. Normally I do get quite tanned however this time I am not as much as I would have expected. So I guess that’s a good thing right?
  • Evens out and brightens skin tone without looking unnaturally white unlike other sunscreens which leave behind a whitecast which makes you look super ghostly!!
 
  • Worth the price & quantity. $13 for a 30ml product which can be used for 3 months is pretty reasonable.
  • The Face Shop (atleast in Dubai) has this awesome offer for life where if you buy products worth Dhs150 even if not at once but if you save your receipts and show them you have previously purchase products worth that much they give you a 10% discount on your next purchase and make you a member. Ain’t that great? Which is why I still have saved my receipt :D
Why you might not like this product?
  •  Despite containing natural extracts of Pongamia, sunflower seeds and aloe, it contains parabens.  Check out the picture of the entire ingredient list and do let me know if you think any other ingredient is harmful for skin too. 
Rating: - ♥♥♥♥ 4.5/5


xoxo

4 comments:

♥ Sadie ♥ said...

Wow, sounds great. Lovely review x

M. E. Beauty Bloggers said...

Oh wow, this is a great review!! I first found Skin Food when I was in SE Asia and when it opened here I was kinda shocked at the price difference! This BB cream looks great!

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Sounds good!
Come enter my giveaway of you like XOXO

The Beautifier said...

Nice find! I love lightweight skin care products..especially the sunscreens! xoxo