Tuesday, November 23, 2010

World's Most Expensive Nail Polish !!!

Retweet this button on every post blogger
Gold Rush, a new lacquer introduced by UK's brand Models Own happens to be the world's most expensive nail polish with a hefty price tag of £83,000!!!
Now you may wonder what really makes it worth that much. Well, it comes complete with a gold lid made from a solid ingot of yellow gold, weighing nearly 4 ounces & is embellished with a total of  1,118 diamonds diamonds on the lidwith over 14 carats of VVS quality and D, E and F coloured gems.

And guess who happens to be the first purchaser of this polish? None other than our very own nail queen Katy Perry!!
Now while celebrities like her can afford to spend on such so called luxuries either to make show of their status or splurge in few impulse purchases not caring much about how much they spend, we normal people will have to make do with £5 version of the polish (obviously without all the embelishments) which will be available in their online store mid Dec & in Boots stores from 23rd Feb onwards.

Now my question to you all is would you buy £83,000 version of this polish if you could afford to? I mean wouldn't it just be better to get all the gold and diamonds used here seperately & actually use to wear them rather than have them stuck on your polish bottle?

Do share with us your opinions :)
xoxo

Images courtesy Models Own

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

noo way! i will never buy these kinda things even if i could afford it..!!
i would rather buy beautiful jewellery i can wear! wat do i have to do wid some stupid nail polish just caz the lid is of gold and diamonds!

Susanne said...

i think all that 'so-expensive' things are nothing but overrated :)

Vanessa and Jana said...

Nice nailpolish! Keep it up and thanks for sharing!
All the best
Midnight Couture Girls

Gaby Fauchon said...

Wow, now that is ridiculous 0=

Anonymous said...

nyc i wish it was a ring:P

o said...

No way!! I would never purchase a polish for £83,000 even if I could afford it!

Anonymous said...

I agree wid every1.If I spent dat much money on a nailpaint I wud hang it around my neck like a piece of jewellery and neva eva use it:P
Wat do u think Katy Perry will do after the bottle is empty?? Throw it out?? Man...dats wud be one lucky garbage collector :D:D:D:D

Stevista said...

That's crazy!! lol The bottle looks veeeeery pretty and glam though :D

xxx

Ezzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ezzy said...

@Sharon hahaha I doubt she will throw it. I mean come she spent quite an amount on that. she might as well keep it or auction it off. Any item owned by a celebrity will be sold for no less than a fortune plus this curvy lady has die hard fans all over the world :P


Thank you all for sharing your opinions. I am glad you all agree with me :D <3

Unknown said...

OH EM GEE! this is ridiculous!! lol

anddd just wanted to let u know i have a holiday giveaway going on right now! :) http://skinniegenes.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, nice job! This was the stuff I had to have..