Thursday, November 18, 2010

I became an Avon rep !!

Retweet this button on every post blogger
You saw it right, I am an Avon representative :D I want to share with you guys my exact experience.

This happened during the start of this month. My neighbor is an Avon rep and knowing how crazy I am about their products she asked me if I wanted to apply for becoming a rep myself. I applied and got a response back & then the Avon lady in charge of my area came to visit my place to actually train me since I was having problems in visiting their office. I was really awed by that. She came with this black bag which contains samples, brochures, bill memo, purchase order form & a training book. This first training lasted for almost 2 hours where I was briefed about everything: Avon’s history, their present market value, advantages of being a rep, how to approach customers, my sales target & how to place an order. There are few things I learnt in the process:-
  • Avon’s more than 120 years old i.e. before women even had their right to vote!!
  • Avon was the first company to ever start with an anti aging product. All companies followed suit & no other company knows the exact formulation which makes it different from their brands.
  • Avon is the first largest direct selling company of this world.
  • Reese Witherspoon is their global brand ambassador.
I had a second training a week after the first which was just a recap of my first one which lasted for 10 mins. Oh btw she again came to my place :) Now I have a third & final one 2 weeks from now.

All in all its being a great experience as of now. If you are wondering why I am doing it, it’s to gain experience since I’m a business student. All this stuff just excites me!!
Now that doesn’t mean I will stop buying other brands and only promote Avon. I’m still loyal to all the brands I sincerely love :)

But being a rep has its perks. I get free samples to show my clients, not for myself :P
As you know you can buy their products only browsing through brochures where pictures might not be accurate. Will you guys be interested in seeing swatches of various samples I have?

P.S. Also if you reside or know anyone in UAE, please let them know about me :)

Thanks for listening to my ramblings
xoxo

5 comments:

Leticia said...

Good luck with your new business!

little luxury list said...

How fun, good luck with this new business venture!

Thanks for entering the Shopbop giveaway and remember there are lots of ways to enter, including daily tweets! Good luck and have a great weekend!

Ezzy said...

Thank you guys :D <3

Sonia said...

Hey :)
Do you study in KV? Was wanting a lipstick from Avon and wondering if I could buy one from you!

Ezzy said...

Hey Sonia!
So sorry I am getting back to you now. I don't study in KV. However, we can meet up somewhere else :)
Contact me through my email id:
lilbitssofeverything(at)gmail(dot)com