Friday, October 29, 2010

She did survive...

Retweet this button on every post blogger
I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere & endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles – Christopher Reeve. That’s exactly how I feel about my 5th grade hindi teacher. Her wide toothed smile, bright shining eyes and her big spiral curls cascading down her shoulders could brighten up anyone’s day. I can’t even imagine how she might be passing through the darkening days of her life. She was diagnosed with breast cancer. Going through her chemotherapy she started dressing up with a headscarf. I had an undesirable urge to ask her whether she was ashamed of being bald. Not knowing how to suppress it, I went ahead. She replied to me, ‘No, I am not, I would roam about bald if only people see me for what I am and not how I look.’ Despite her failing health condition, she used to come to school and teach everyday. At that time I thought she was crazy to do so. But now I realize it is because she found solace in teaching. Educating others would make her forget about her own worries. Her real life example has taught me that we should never lose hope and succumb to our conditions; instead we should fight it and surprise others by being an ultimate survivor. And yes she did survive..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so touching Ezzy!! It truly amazes me how ppl manage to go on in the face of such obstacles.Kudos to ur teacher and to u 4 this lovely post :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

This is such an inspiring story, Ezzy! Thank you so much for posting it, as I think many will gain hope from reading it!! :)

martienn said...

amazing ! ; )
your blog is very interesting ! ; **


if you want , follow me and write a comment ; *

Kim Axani said...

Love this post. My mom recently beat breast cancer and we couldn't be happier.

Ezzy said...

Thank you all for reading this post & supporting the cause. I really hope myself people gain some hope and confidence reading this post :)

@Kimmy Omg I can't even imagine what you and your mom might have gone through. Kudos to her for beating it *thumbs up*